- Mainframe was designed by IBM in early 1950's.
- Mainframe is a server/ a large computer
- It was designed mainly to meet the business requirements. Almost 70% of the business applications are currently running on mainframe platform.
- Speed is high for processing nearly 80 MIBS
- Low maintenance
- It can store large amount of data
- stock market
SKILLS REQUIRED TO LEARN MAIN FRAMES:
- COBOL (Common Business Oriented Language) was developed in the year 1959.But at the time there was no compiler available.
- COBOL was developed by the team CONFERENCE ON DATA SYSTEM LANGUAGE (CODASYL)
- So the CODASYL team has met ANSI to develop COBOL compiler. Then COBOL has a compiler in the year 1968.
- ANSI was released 1st version VS-COBOL-I in the year 1974
- the second version was released in 1985
- It lools like a english language/HLL
- Store the large amount of data
- It is an independent (it can in any other OS)
- It is a case insensitive
- It is a structured language